Saturday, November 20, 2010

I've cast on again

Well I've cast on again, despite the fact that my injury is not fully healed. My chiropractor told me that I am still allowed to knit, but not for long periods at a time. She said I need to limit myself to knitting for 1 hour at a time and then I have to do something else.

My arms are not actually doing that well and I have been instructed to ice my elbows everyday. I have been afraid to pick up the needles since my first chiropractors appointment over a week ago. But today I decided to try some knitting and see what happens.

I decided to make myself a hat because it's getting cold outside. Obviously, I haven't knit a lot today. I keep knitting in small sections and then setting it down to do stretches and check my email. So far it is going fairly well and my arms do not feel all that bad.

I don't care if I ever finish the hat. It was more a project to pass the time and see if I could get back into it (I have a lot of knitting planned for December). The good news is that I don't feel any worse than I did before. So I will keep at it and see how it goes this afternoon.

I also thought I should share the fact that I dropped off my grampa's socks yesterday and they fit him perfectly. So I am feeling inspired to make a few more gifts next month and I have to get practiced up!

No comments:

Post a Comment