Monday, November 15, 2010

I have a knitting injury

And according to my significant other, a knitting injury is the lamest type of injury a person can get.

It isn't carpal tunnel though. My chiropractor today said that I have just repeatedly strained my muscles from gripping the needles. She told me that I'm not allowed to sit for hours and hours knitting like it is a full-time job.

I don't grip the needles very hard, but I have developed shooting pain to my inner elbows, to add to the pain at the back of my hands.

She showed me some stretches that I have to do "as often as possible", and I need to put down my knitting after a few hours and do something else. Which is actually a load off of my shoulders considering that I thought I may have to give up knitting all together. So I'm resting for a few days and I will go and see her again on Thursday. Then I will dive into my Christmas knitting full-force, just making sure to take a break every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment