Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I could really knit right now

Well I haven't knit for five days now and today was just one of those days where I could really use a set of knitting needles in my hands at the end of the day.

I had a crazy, roller coaster, jam packed day and when I finally got home, checked my messages, ate something, and took my dog out, I was still wired. I could not calm down. It was just go, go, go. And I've trained myself to deal with these kinds of days by knitting and watching TV.

I read my book, I took a bath, I checked my email. Nothing.

But I left my knitting at my real house for the time being (I sleep at my parents' house on the days that I work), because I was confident that I would not have ample time to knit during these past three days.

So now, I'm breaking my resolution. I just had to turn on the TV for a few minutes and sit in my pajamas, sans knitting.

What a waste of time it is just watching TV. I could have completed half a snowflake on my newest sock project from Interweave Knits magazine. Although I am not yet convinced that multi-colour projects should be considered relaxing. But I will get the hang of them before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment