Sunday, December 26, 2010

I survived Christmas!



I only managed to complete one Christmas gift before Christmas this year and it was a pair of socks for my Dad. (photo)

To add to the stress of shopping and working a retail job, I thought that knitting a few projects for Christmas would be a great idea. However, one thing led to another and last week I said to a friend: "You are getting an after Christmas project. I already bought the yarn and the pattern, I just don't have time. So instead would it be alright if you get a New Years present this year?" She laughed at me.

Even with these socks that I successfully managed to knit, I found myself madly knitting Christmas Eve. It is difficult to knit a surprise for someone when they are in the same house. So instead of socializing on Christmas Eve, I hid in the basement with my smaller cousins and finished up the last sock.

I am very thankful that the stress of Christmas is over. I still have projects that I need to complete, but they will get done in no time. Top of the list is a pattern for beautiful Norwegian Snowflake socks from Interweave Knits Winter 2010 issue. It will be my first attempt at multi-colour work and I am very anxious to get started.

1 comment:

  1. They look great!
    I'm knitting some socks too, thankfully I didn't plan for them to be Christmas presents though.

    Hope you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete