Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The never-ending infinity scarf





If you want my advice, I'd have to recommend just buying a cheap infinity scarf. It just isn't worth it.

I've been working on this project for months now (I know, it just isn't like me!) and I can't finish it for the life of me.

It started out as a simple project. I bought the Thick and Chunky yarn on sale and thought I would just "whip this up". It would be so simple to make a scarf like the ones on trend right now. Most of them look like they are just knit 1 row, purl 1 row. But, after several days of knitting, I noticed that the project was turning. I thought I could easily just block it to get it flat...WRONG! So, of course I picked out several feet of scarf to try again.

This is the popcorn stitch. I've gone through two balls of Thick and Chunky yarn and one ball in a navy sparkle that I'm knitting together to give the scarf something extra. I will now have to go back and buy more yarn (fingers crossed they still have some of that batch left, but--come on--it was before Christmas!) So, when all is said and done this will be a $40+ scarf that I could've just bought for $10 at a cheap clothing store. It is just over half finished.

So not worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment